The MoP, GOI has launched Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) for strengthening of Distribution Infrastructure for the Urban areas having population of more than 5,0000 as per census 2011 with the following components:
Broad Objective of the Scheme
- Strengthening of sub-transmission & distribution networks including provisioning of Solar Panels and Net-metering.
- Metering of distribution transformers / feeders / consumers.
- IT enablement of distribution sector and strengthening of distribution network
- 24x7 Power supplies for consumers
- Reduction of AT&C losses as per trajectory finalized by MoP in consultation with States
- Providing access to power to all households