Under Saubhagya free electricity connections to all households (both APL and poor families) in rural areas and poor families in urban areas will be provided. There are around 4 Crore un-electrified households in the country and they are targeted for providing electricity connections by December 2018.Ã‚Â Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) has been designated as nodal agency for the Saubhagya scheme. Under the Saubhagya scheme, DISCOMs will organize camps in villages/cluster of villages to facilitate on-the-spot filling up of application forms including release of electricity connections to households. DISCOMs/Power Departments will also adopt innovative mechanisms like dedicated web-portal/Mobile App for collection/consolidation of application form in electronic mode and also capturing process of release of electricity connections. The details of consumers like Name, Address and Identification proof as available (Aadhar number/Mobile number/Bank account/Driving License/Voter ID etc.) would be collected by the DISCOMs.
Scope of the Scheme:
- Providing last mile connectivity and electricity connections to all un-electrified households in rural areas.
- Providing Solar Photovoltaic (SPV) based standalone system for un-electrified households located in remote and inaccessible villages / habitations, where grid extension is not feasible or cost effective.
- Providing last mile connectivity and electricity connections to all remaining economically poor un-electrified households in urban areas. Non-poor urban households are excluded from this scheme.
Salient Features of Saubhagya are:
- The prospective beneficiary households for free electricity connections under the scheme would be identified using SECC 2011 data. However, un-electrified households not covered under SECC data would also be provided electricity connections under the scheme on payment of Rs. 500 which shall be recovered by DISCOMs in 10 instalments through electricity bill.
- The electricity connections to un-electrified households include provision of service line cable, energy meter including pre-paid/smart meter, single point wiring. LED lamps and associated accessories in line with technical specifications and construction standard.
- In case of un-electrified households located in remote and inaccessible areas, power packs of 200 to 300 Wp(with battery bank) with a maximum of 5 LED lights, 1 DC Fan, 1 DC power plug etc. may be provided along with provision of Repair and Maintenance (R&M) for 5 years.
- All DISCOMs including Private Sector DISCOMs, State Power Departments and RE Cooperative Societies shall be eligible for financial assistance under the scheme in line with DDUGJY.
- Some of the eligible entities are yet to provide free connections to BPL households already sanctioned under DDUGJY. In case such entities are not able to find the adequate number of BPL households in the project area, such number of households shall not be considered for funding of service connection cost under Saubhagya to avoid any possibility of duplication.
- The details of consumers viz, Name and Aadhar number/ Mobile number/ Bank account/ Driving License/Voter ID etc., as available would be collected by the DISCOMs.
- The defaulters whose connections have been disconnected should not be given benefit of the scheme. However, the utilities may consider settlement of old dues and reconnection as per norms.
The funding structure of Saubhagya is as under:
|Agency||Nature of support||Quantum of support (%)
|Government of India||Grant||60||85|
|Utility/State Contribution||Own Fund||10||5|
|Loan (FIs/ Banks)||Loan||30||10|
|Additional GrantÃ‚Â from GOI on achievement of prescribed milestones||Grant||50% of total loan component(30%) i.e 15%||50% of total loan component(10%) i.e 5%|
|Maximum Grant by GOI (including additional grant on achievement of prescribed milestones)||Grant||75%||90%|